CoRe – 2017: IGIDR PhD. Colloquium
CALL for APPLICATIONS
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) invites applications from PhD. scholars for participating in its second Conversations on Research (CoRe): IGIDR PhD. Colloquium. The Colloquium is being organized as part of the Institute’s overall mandate to foster excellence in research by stimulating interactions among young researchers across the country.
About: CoRe aims to provide doctoral students of Economics, Energy & Environment, and Development Studies:
- a platform to present their on-going research and gain valuable feedback on their work
- an opportunity to meet doctoral students from other parts of the country
- a forum to discuss emerging issues that concern both theoretical and empirical researchers
- guidance on improving the chance of publication through interactions with senior researchers and journal editors
- suggestions for post PhD. career options
Date and Venue: November 7-10, 2017, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Gen A. K. Vaidya Marg, Goregaon (East), Mumbai 400065, INDIA.
For details visit CoRe Website: www.igidr.ac.in/CoRe
- Full Paper Sessions: A total of 14 PhD. scholars who are in the advanced stage of their doctoral work will be invited to present a paper from their thesis. This will be followed by a discussion led by the chair/discussant. Two slots are earmarked for candidates who made poster presentations in CoRe 2016 subject to their meeting acceptable quality standards.
- Poster Presentation Sessions: A total of 16 PhD. scholars who are in the initial stages of their PhD. will be invited to present an overview of their thesis in short/poster presentations.
- Panel discussions: Panel Discussions will be held every evening involving faculty members, journal editors and other resource persons from IGIDR and other academic institutions.
Financial Support: 3rd AC train fare by the shortest route, free accommodation on twin sharing basis, and full boarding.
All PhD. Scholars registered with a university in India are eligible to apply. Interested participants should send the following documents by email to CoRe@igidr.ac.in: (1) a covering letter, (2) latest CV, (3) scanned (attested) copy of a bona-fide certificate from the College/Institute/University authorities, (4) a letter of recommendation from the thesis supervisor, and (5) a completed paper (to be considered for the Full Paper Sessions), or an overview of the thesis (to be considered for Short/Poster Sessions).
All candidates must mention if they participated in CoRe – 2016.
The last Date for receiving applications is August 15th, 2017. Selected candidates will be informed by September 15th 2017.