B.A. (Economics), M.A. (Econometrics), Ph.D. (Economics)
Agricultural economics - stability of agricultural production, food security issues, agricultural price policy issues, agricultural trade and WTO related issues, regional dimensions focussing primarily on India, and to a lesser extent on other developing countries.
Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) modelling - food security and food price policies, agricultural trade policies, administered price reforms.
International trade competitiveness and finance - national, sectoral and firm level competitiveness, firm level decision to export, role of investment and finance
Click here for personal homepage
Books & Monographs (selected)
- Gulati, A., A. Ganesh-Kumar, G. Shreedhar, H. Pullabhotla, X. Zhang. 2010. Ensuring Food and Nutritional Security in Nepal: A Stocktaking Exercise. USAID, Kathmandu.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A., D. Roy and A. Gulati (Eds.). 2010. Liberalizing Food Grains Markets: Experiences, Impact and Lessons from South Asia. IFPRI-Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
- Polaski, S., A. Ganesh-Kumar, S. McDonald, M. Panda and S. Robinson. 2008. India’s Trade Policy Choices: Managing Diverse Challenges. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Washington D.C.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A., K. Sen and R. Vaidya. 2003. International Competitiveness, Investment and Finance: A Case Study of India. Routledge, London.
Journal articles (selected)
- Gulati, A., A. Ganesh-Kumar, G. Shreedhar and T. Nandakumar. 2012. “Agriculture and Malnutrition in India”. Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 33(1), pp.31-43.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. and G. K. Saini. 2009. “Economic Co-operation in South Asia: The Dilemma of SAFTA and Beyond”. Journal of South Asian Development, 4(2), pp.253-281.
- Parikh, J., M. Panda, A. Ganesh-Kumar and V. Singh. 2009.“CO2 emissions structure of Indian economy”. Energy, 34(8), pp. 1024-1031.
- Parikh, K. S., A. Ganesh-Kumar and G. Darbha. 2003. “Growth and Welfare Consequences of a Rise in Minimum Support Prices”. Economic and Political Weekly, 38(9), pp. 891-895. Also re-printed in U. Kapila (Ed.) Indian Economy Since Independence, 17th Edition, 2006, Academic Foundation, New Delhi.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A., K. Sen and R. Vaidya. 2002. “Does the Source of Financing Matter?: Financial Markets, Financial Intermediaries and Investment in India”. Journal of International Development, 14(2), pp.211-228.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A., K. Sen and R. Vaidya. 2001. “Outward Orientation, Investment and Finance Constraints: A Study of Indian Firms”. Journal of Development Studies, 37(4), pp.133-149.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. 1999. “Spatial Variability in Crop Yields: The Case of Cereals Across Districts of Andhra Pradesh”. Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 54(1), pp.53-78.
- *** This paper was adjudged the “Best under the General Stream – year 1999” for the D. K. Desai Prize Award Scheme initiated by the Indian Society of Agricultural Economics.
- Parikh, K. S., N. S. S. Narayana, M. Panda and A. Ganesh-Kumar. 1997. “Agricultural Trade Liberalization: Growth, Welfare and Large Country Effects”. Agricultural Economics, 17(1), pp.1-20.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. 1992. “Falling Agricultural Investment and Its Consequences”, Economic & Political Weekly, 27(42), pp.2307-2312.
Chapters in books (selected)
- Jha, S., P. V. Srinivasan and A. Ganesh-Kumar. 2010. “Achieving food security in a cost-effective way: Implications of domestic deregulation and liberalized trade in India”. In A. Ganesh-Kumar, D. Roy and A. Gulati (Eds.) Liberalizing Food Grains Markets: Experiences, Impact and Lessons from South Asia, IFPRI-Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. and M. Panda. 2009. “Global Economic Shocks and Indian Policy Response: An Analysis Using a CGE model”. In K. S. Parikh (Ed.) Macro-Modeling for the Eleventh Five Year Plan of India, Planning Commission, Government of India / Academic Foundation, New Delhi.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A., A. Gulati and R. Cummings Jr. 2009. “Reforming Foodgrains Management: Achieving Food Security with Cost-Effectiveness”. In S. Singh and V. R. Reddy (Eds.) Changing Contours of Asian Agriculture: Essays in Honour of Prof. V.S.Vyas, Academic Foundations, New Delhi.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. 2002. “Food Security and the WTO Agreement on Agriculture”. In Agricultural and Mineral Commodities Yearbook, Europa Publications, London.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A., K. Sen and R. Vaidya. 2002. “International Competitiveness, Trade and Finance: India”. In J. M. Fanelli and R. Medhora (Eds.) Finance and Competitiveness in Developing Countries, Routledge, London.
- Ganesh-Kumar, A. 2002. “Agricultural Development in Assam: Constraints and Policy Options”. In K. S. Parikh (Ed.) Assam Development Report, Planning Commission, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Panda, M. and A. Ganesh-Kumar. 2000. “India”. Chapter 6 in Agriculture, Trade and Food Security: Issues and Options in the WTO Negotiations from the Perspective of Developing Countries, Volume 2 – Country Case Studies, Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, Rome.
- Issues in food and agricultural policy in India
- Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) modelling and policy analysis.
- Accelerating Agricultural Productivity Growth in India – Policies and Investment Options, World Bank, New Delhi, 2012.
- Modelling for Eleventh Plan and Beyond, Planning Commission, Government of India, New Delhi. 2007-12.
- Role of Policies and Institutions in Delivering Food Security in India, Asian Development Bank, Manila, 2011.
- Cereals Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID and the World Bank, 2010-12.
- Evaluation of Indian Agricultural Productivity Growth, Economic Research Service / United States Department of Agriculture, 2010-12.
- Food and Nutritional Security in Nepal: A Stock Taking Exercise, USAID-Kathmandu, 2010.
- Statistics and Econometrics – II
- Applied general equilibrium models
- Applied macroeconomic models