Ph.D. (Economics), CDS, 1999.
Click here for personal homepage
- D. Narasimha Reddy and Srijit Mishra (editors) (2009), Agrarian Crisis in India, Oxford University Press, New Delhi. The hardbound has had a second impression and a paperback edition brought out in 2010 has also come out with a second impression. In 2012, it has become part of Oxford Scholarship Online.
- J.-F. Levesque, S. Mukherjee, D. Grimard, A. Boivin and S. Mishra (2013), Measuring the prevalence of chronic diseases using population surveys by pooling self-reported symptoms, diagnosis and treatments: results from the World Health Survey of 2003 for South Asia, International Journal of Public Health, DOI: 10.1007/s00038-013-0446-5.
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan and Srijit Mishra (2013), Group Differential for Attainment and Failure, Journal of International Development, DOI: 10.1002/jid.2898.
- Srijit Mishra (2012), Hunger, Ethics and the Right to Food, Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, 9(1): 32-37. IGIDR Working Paper version is WP-2011-023.
- Srijit Mishra and D. Narasimha Reddy (2011) Persistence of Crisis in Indian Agriculture: Need for Technological and Institutional Alternatives, in Dilip M. Nachane (ed) India Development Report 2011, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, see pre print version.
- Srijit Mishra (2011), Conflict Resolution through Mutuality: Lessons from Bayesian Updating, Journal of Quantitative Economics, 9(1): 41-52. IGIDR working paper version is WP-2011-001.
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan and Srijit Mishra (2010), Progress in Human Development: Are we On the Right Path? International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, 3(3):199-221. IGIDR working paper version is WP-2010-010.
- Srijit Mishra (2008), On Measuring Group-differentials Displayed by Socio-economic Indicators: An Extension, Applied Economics Letters, 15 (12): 935-938. IGIDR Working paper version is WP-2006-005.
- Srijit Mishra (2008), Risks, Farmers’ Suicides and Agrarian Crisis in India: Is There a Way Out? Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 63 (1), 38-54. IGIDR Working paper version is WP-2007-014.
- Srijit Mishra (2006), Suicide Mortality Rates across States of India, 1975-2001: A Statistical Note, Economic and Political Weekly, 41 (16): 1566-1569.
- Srijit Mishra (2005), Secluded and Proximate Illiteracy: Comparing Situations, Social Indicators Research,70 (2): 231-240.
- Srijit Mishra (June 2001), Isolated and Proximate Illiteracy, Economic and Political Weekly, 36 (22): 2003-2008.
- S Mishra and T. K. Kumar (September 1997), On the Probability of Existence of Pure Equilibria in Matrix Games, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, 94 (3): 765-770.
- Impact Assessment Study of PRADAN’s Interventions at the Grassroots (with Nirmal Sengupta).
- Comprehensive Study of Impact of Investment in Watershed in Jalgaon and Buldhana districts of Maharashtra (with Vijay Laxmi Pandey).
- Sarthak Gaurav and Srijit Mishra (2012), To Bt Or Not to Bt: Risk and Uncertainity Considerations in Technology Assessment, Working Paper No. WP-2012-001, IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Sarthak Gaurav and Srijit Mishra (2011), Size-class and Returns to Cultivation: A Cold Case Reopened, Working Paper No. WP-2011-027, IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Durgesh C. Pathak and Srijit Mishra (2011), Poverty Estimates in India: Old and New Methods, 2004-05, Working Paper No. WP-2011-015, IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Chandan Kumar and Srijit Mishra (2011), Banking Outreach and Household level Access: Analyzing Financial Inclusion in India, Presented at ‘13th Annual Conference on Money and Finance in the Indian Economy,’ Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, 25-26 February 2011.
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan, Priya Rampal, and Srijit Mishra (August 2009), Gender Development Index: Two Corrections, Presented in Quantitative Approaches to Public Policy – Conference in Honour of Professor T. Krishna Kumar [in conjunction with Fourth Annual International Conference on Public Policy and Management], Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, 9-12 August 2009.
- Srijit Mishra and Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan (October 2008), On A Class of Human Development Index Measures, Working Paper No. WP-2008-020, IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan, Srijit Mishra and B. Sudhakara Reddy (January 2008), An Alternative Approach to Measure HDI, Working Paper No. WP-2008-001, IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Srijit Mishra (July 2002), Strategic Interdependence and Passive Smoking, Working Paper No. WP 1, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune.
- Quantitative Approaches to Public Policy. A special track was held under the aegis of the Fourth Annual International Conference on Public Policy and Management, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, 9-12 August 2009. From the 35 papers presented, peer-reviewed publications led to 12 of them being published as special issues in two journals International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies (IJEPEE), Vol.3, No.3, September 2010; International Journal of Trade and Global Markets (IJTGM), Vol.4, No.2, April 2011. Five papers have been published in the Journal of Quantitative Economics (JQE), Vol.9, No.1. We have further plans of putting up all the peer-reviewed publications in an edited volume (with Sushanta Mallick, Queen Mary, University of London).
- Srijit Mishra (2006), Suicide of Farmers in Maharashtra, (Report submitted to the Government of Maharashtra), IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Manoj Panda, Srijit Mishra, Sangita Kamdar and Mallikarjun Tondare (April 2005), Evaluation of Food-for-Work (FFW) Component of Sampoorna Grameen Rozgar Yojana (SGRY) in Selected Districts of Maharashtra, (Report submitted to Planning Commission, Government of India), IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Manoj Panda and Srijit Mishra (February 2005), Poverty Reduction Strategy as Implementation of the Right to Development in Maharashtra, (Report submitted to Centre for Development and Human Rights, New Delhi), IGIDR, Mumbai.
- Sakti Padhi and Srijit Mishra (August 2000), Premature Mortality, Health Status and Public Health Care Facilities in Orissa: A Study in Accessibility and Utilisation, (Report of MAP-Health Project funded by International Development Research Centre, Ottawa, Canada through Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, India), NCDS, Bhubaneswar.
Contemporary Issues in Human Development and Policy (A New Millennium Perspective)
Offered by: Srijit Mishra (January-May 2012)
The course has evolved since 2006 and has emerged from an earlier course on 'themes in human deprivation' offered during 2003. As it stands now, the course will discuss conceptual issues (Sen's Capability and Rawls' justice among others), issues of measurement, governance and participation and other related aspects. The students will have to be involved in a field survey. Evaluation will be based on assignments, classroom participations, review (book/song/painting/movie/any other), field survey and term paper. The review, field survey write-up and term paper have to be presented and discussed as part of the evaluation process. The weights would depend on the emphasis given to each as the course progresses. However, to give an idea, the weights given in 2011 were: Assignments and classroom interactions (15%), Field Survey (25%), Review (20%) and Term Paper including the role as presentation and discussants (40%). Note that the weights may differ in 2012.
As the course progresses, lectures will be uploaded in the author's bepress web page, http://works.bepress.com/srijit_mishra/, and discussions will also take place virtually in the closed group facebook page for the clas. For details on the course, click the link, http://works.bepress.com/srijit_mishra/84/.