Ph. D. (Econometrics) , Department of Econometrics, University of Madras.
Dynamic General Equilibrium Modelling, Agricultural Economics-Supply Response, Production Risk; Environmental and Natural Resource Economics Environmental Valuation, Environmental Policy; Applied Econometrics
Click here for personal homepage
- Topics in Applied Economics: Tools, Issues and Institutions , Festschrift in honour of U. Sankar , G. Mythili and R. Hema (eds.), Academic Foundation , 2005.
- Accelerating Growth through Globalisation of Indian Agriculture, K.P.Kalirajan, G. Mythili and U. Sankar, (eds.) Macmillan India Ltd. 2001.
- Uncertainty and Farm Production Decision (co authored with U.Sankar ) Himalaya Publishers, 1991.
- Farm Management Report on Increasing Groundnut Production (co authored with U.Sankar) Consolidated Report, 1981-84, Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, 1987.
- Examining Environmental Kuznets Curve for River Effluents in India ( co author) Environment, Development and Sustainability, Springer Publishing, 2011, Forthcoming
- Willingness to pay for Water Quality Improvement: A Study of Powai Lake in India ( co author) Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution- Jan 2011, IOS Press, Netherlands.
- Valuation of Urban Environmental Amenities: A Case Study , (co author) International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics, Vol (19), No.F10, pp 20-31, Fall 2010, CESER publication
- An Analysis of Community Dependence and Forest Management, (co author) International Journal of Ecology and Development, Vol 13, No S09, 2009.
- Book Review –Book title-Management of Non Timber Forest Product Resources of India: An Analysis of Forest Development Corporations-author-D.D. Tewari, International Book Distributing Co. – Review published in the Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics, Vol 21, 2009.
- New Estimates of Supply Response for major Indian Crops in ‘Recent Development’, India Briefing Room, Economic Research Service, USDA, (http://ers.usda.gov/Briefing/India/), January 2008.
- Community Dependence on Protected Forest Areas: A Study on Valuation of Non Wood Forest Products in a Region of India (co author), Sri Lankan journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol 5, No.1, 2003
- The Challenges of Globalisation for Indian Agriculture, in Essays in Development Issues (ed) Nimal Sandaratne and H.M. Gunatilake , published by Sri Lankan Agricultural Economics Association, 2002.
- Environmental Problems in India’s Energy Sector and Policies for Corrective Action (co author), in Public Finance Restructuring for Sustainable Development in Emerging Market Economies (ed). Bradley, T. , World Resource Institute, Washington, 1998.
- Price Reforms in the Electricity Sector’ (co author) in Energy and Sustainable Growth: Is Sustainable Growth Possible , Proceedings of the 20th Annual Conference of International Association for Energy Economics, Vol II , 1997.
- A Theoretical Exposition of Consumer's Response to Alternative Food Policies' ,Working Paper No.615, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California, Berkeley, 1991.
- Supply Response for Major Crops in the Pre and Post Reform Periods: A Dynamic Panel data Approach’ Journal of Quantitative Economics, Vol 5, No.1, Jan 2007.
- Measures of Risk Aversion and Risk premium from the Land Allocation Model: An Empirical Analysis based on Farm level Panel Data, The ICFAI Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol III, No.4. Oct 2006.
- Technical Efficiency of Rice Growers in Tamilnadu; A Study based on Panel Data’ (co author), Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol 55, No. 1, Jan-March 2000, pp15-25.
- Economic Instruments for Environmental Sustainability: The Energy Sector' Chapter 1 (co author), National Institute of Public Finance and Policy and Madras School of Economics, 1998.
- Subsidy in Kind and Stigma Effect', Indian Journal of Applied Economics, Vol 6, No.4, Oct – Dec, 1997.
- Diversification of Enterprises: The Measurement Problem Productivity, Oct-Dec, 1996.
- A Note on Aggregation Error in Input-output Analysis' Journal of Quantitative Economics, Vol.II, No.2, July 1995.
- Unorganised Manufacturing Sector', Chapter 4 in Input-output Transaction Tables, Tamil Nadu 1991-92 by U.Sankar, Published by University of Madras, 1995.
- A Theoretical Evaluation of Alternative Food Policies for Consumption', Journal of Quantitative Economics, Vol.IX, No.1, Jan 1993.
- Land Allocation under Uncertainty: An Econometric Analysis' Indian Economic Review, Vol.XXVII, No.1, 1992.
- Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Modelling for India, Climate Change and Agriculture, Environmental Valuation.
- Trade, Agricultural Policies and Structural Changes in India’s Agrifood System: Implications for National and Global Markets (TAPSIM)”, European Commission
- IGIDR: Mathematical Economics, Environmental Policy, CGE Modeling with GAMS.
- Madras School of Economics: Resource and Environmental Economics, Mathematical Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, Micro Economics.