Ph.D. (Economics), Indian Statistical Institute, 1991.
Computable general equilibrium models, Issues in poverty and human development, Environmental issues in economic development.
Click here for personal homepage
- “Macroeconomic Scene: Growth and Equity Perspectives”, chapter in K.Parikh and R.Radhakrishna (ed.): India Development Report 2004-05, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2005.
- “Poverty in Asia: Measurement, Estimates, and Prospects”, (with Rana Hasan), theme chapter for Key Indicators 2004, Asian Development Bank, Manila.
- “Price Changes and Some Underlying Aspects of Measurement of Poverty”, (with Kali Rath), Journal of Quantitative Economics, New Series, Vol. 2, No.1, 2004.
- 'An Asian Perspective on a World Environmental Organization', (with R. Jha and A. Ranade), The World Economy, Vol. 25, No.5, 2002.
- 'Growth and Distribution Under Trade Liberalization in India' (with J. Quizon), chapter in A. Guha, K. L. Krishna and A. K. Lahiri (ed.): Trade and Industry: Essays by NIPFP-Ford Foundation Fellows, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi, 2001.
- “Gender Bias in India”, (with Bhaskar Dutta), Journal of Quantitative Economics, January, 2000.
- “Growth with Equity: Policy Lessons from the Experience of India', chapter in Growth with Equity: Policy Lessons from the Experiences of Selected Asian Countries, United Nations, New York, 1999 (ST/ESCAP/2007).
- 'Economic Development, Poverty Reduction and Carbon Emission in India', (with N.S. Murthy and J. Parikh), Energy Economics, Vol.19, No.3, 1997.
- 'Economic Growth, Energy Demand and Carbon Dioxide Emissions in India: 1990-2020', (with N.S. Murthy and J. Parikh), Environment and Development Economics, Vol.2, No.2, 1997.
- 'Agricultural Liberalization: Growth, Welfare and Large Country Effects', (with K. Parikh, N.S.S. Narayana and A Ganesh Kumar), Agricultural Economics, Vol. 17, No.1, 1997.
Trade Liberalisation in General Equilibrium Context, Pro-poor Macroeconomic Policy, Issues in Growth and Equity in Indian economy.