Ph.D. (Energy Management), Indian Institute of Science, 1991.
Energy analysis, Energy-environment interactions, Energy efficiency and demand side Management, Renewable sources of energy, Forestry, Natural Resource Accounting, Transportation, Urbanisation, Energy policy and planning.
Click here for personal homepage
- Energy and Transport, Oxford University Press (forthcoming).
- Energy Efficiency and Climate Change - Conserving Power for a Sustainable Future (Springer, forthcoming).
- Economic Reforms in India and China Emerging issues and Challenges, Sage Publications, New Delhi (Sage, forthcoming), 2007.
- Ecology and Human Well Being, Sage Publishers, New Delhi, 2006.
- Energy, Environment and Development: A Technological perspective, Narosa Publishers (New Delhi), 2005.
- Journal Publications:
- Energy consumption in the household sector – An actor-oriented approach, Energy – The international Journal 2009, Vol 34, No 6.
- The Great Climate Debate, Energy Policy 2009, Vol 37, pp. 2997-3008 An entrepreneurship model for energy empowerment of Indian households – Economic and policy analysis.
- Energy Policy (forth coming) Climate Change-A developing country perspective, Current Science (forth coming)
- Decomposition of energy consumption and energy intensity in Indian manufacturing industries, Energy for Sustainable Development (forthcoming).
- Understanding industrial energy use: Physical energy intensity changes in Indian manufacturing sector, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR Working paper - 2008-011).
- A conceptual framework for development of sustainable development indicators, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR Working paper - 2008-002).
- Commercialisation of Sustainable Energy Technologies, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR Working paper - 2007-018).
- Hydrogen Energy For Indian Transport Sector: A Well-To-Wheel Techno-Economic and Environmental Feasibility Analysis, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR Working paper - 2007-004).
- Barriers and Drivers to Energy Efficiency – A new Taxonomical Approach, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR Working paper - 2007-003) .
- Energy Analysis, Forestry,Urban Dynamics, Transportation,Diffusion of Renewable Energy Technologies.
- Projects/Other Appointments:
- Energy Efficiency and CDM (Completed).
- Urban Transport Issues – A Case study of Mumbai (Completed).
- Technology and Natural Resource Management (completed).
- Energy security in Asia – analysis of socio-economic, political, environmental and technological factors.
- Cross-border energy trade in Asia-Pacific region.
- Financing for energy infrastructure development and investment needs.
- Techno-commercial Feasibility Evaluation of Hydrogen Energy Application in Transportation Sector.
- Evaluation of the impact of coal mining: A Socio-economic study (ongoing).
- Scientific and Professional Societies:
- Member, Expert Appraisal Committee for Thermal Power projects, Ministry of Envt. and Forests, Govt. of India (since April 2007).
- Member, Expert Appraisal Committee for coal mine projects, Ministry of Envt. and Forests, Govt. of India (since April 2007).
- Member, Research Advisory Committee, State Institute for Global Environmental Change, Hayama, Japan.
- Expert, Evaluation of projects on Renewable Energy - FP7 Programme, European Commission, 2007.
- Member, Working Group on Energy Efficiency and DSM' for formulation of 11th Five year Plan (2007-12), Planning Commission, Govt. of India.