Ph.D. (Economics), University of Southern California, December, 1993.
Ownership and Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies.
Click here for personal homepage
- Diversification and Tunneling: Evidence from Indian Business Groups (with Raja Kali), Journal of Comparative Economics, Elseiver, vol. 39, September, pages 349-367, 2011.
- Business groups in India. In: Colpan, Asli M., Hikino, Takashi, Lincoln, James R. (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Business Groups. Oxford University Press, 2010.
- Multiple Board Appointments and Firm Performance in Emerging Economies: Evidence from India (with Subrata Sarkar), Pacific Basin Finance Journal, 2009, vol. 17, issue 2, pages 271-293.
- Board of Directors and Opportunistic Earnings Management: Evidence from India (with Subrata Sarkar and Kaustav Sen), Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, Vol. 23, No. 4, 2008.
- Debt and Corporate Governance in Emerging Economies: Evidence from India, (with Subrata Sarkar), Economics of Transition, April 2008, pp 293 – 334.
- Large Shareholder Activism in Developing Countries: Evidence from India,' (with Subrata Sarkar) in International Review of Finance, September 2000 . Reprinted in Thomas Clarke (ed.) Corporate Governance: Critical Perspectives on Business Management, Vol. IV, London/New York: Routledge, 2005.
- “Does Ownership Always Matter? -- Evidence from the Indian Banking Industry,” (with Subrata Sarkar and Sumon Bhaumik), Journal of Comparative Economics, 26, June 1998, pp. 262 - 281.
- Book: Corporate Governance in India (with Subrata Sarkar), Sage Publications: India, published January, 2012.
- Role of Auditor and Audit Committee in Governance (with Subrata Sarkar), in D. M. Nachane (ed.) India Development Report, Oxford University Press: India, 2011.
- Auditor and Audit Committee Independence in India with Subrata Sarkar, IGIDR WP-2010-020.
- Insider Control, Group Affiliation and Earnings Management in Emerging Economies: Evidence from India (with Subrata Sarkar and Kaustav Sen).