Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 1992; Post -doctoral Research at World Bank, USA, 1994-95; Post-doctoral Research at NIES, Ministry of Environment, Japan, 1995-97.
Technological, Socio-economic and Policy Aspects of Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development Issues.
Click here for personal homepage
- “Environmental Challenges of Development Strategies in India” in India Development Report (Edited by D.M. Nachane), Oxford University Press, 2011 (forthcoming)
- Policy Report on “Sustainability Assessment of Biomass Energy Utilization in East Asia” published by Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), Jakarta, Indonesia, 2010.
- Guest Column paper on “Importance of Source Apportionment Modeling in Air Pollution Abatement Policy” Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, Online Publication of Springer, December 2009.
- Maharashtra State Development Report, A Major Policy Document on Development issues in Maharashtra, prepared for the Planning Commission, Government of India and Published by Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2007.
- State of Environment Report- Maharashtra, A Major Policy Document on Energy and Environmental issues in Maharashtra, prepared for the MoEF, Govt. of India, MPCB and Govt. of Maharshtra, 2007.
- Wastepaper In Mumbai (India): An Approach for Abridged Life Cycle Assessment, The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, Int. J. LCA, 5(1) 2A, 12-18, 2000.
- Gaps In Environmental Policy: A Focus on General and Air Pollution Problems, Environmental Policy and Law, Vol. 28, No.2, 90-96, 1998.
- Environmental and Economic Policy Analysis of Waste Paper Trade and Recycling in India, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Vol. 21 No. 1, 55-70, 1997.
- Development Of Climate Change Impact Model For India (Agriculture and Water Sectors), submitted to the National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan Environment Agency, Japan, December, 1996.
- Environmental Regulatory Measures and their Economic Impact on Indian Leather Industry. Natural Resources Forum- A United Nations’ Journal Vol.19, No.2, 153-160, 1995.
- Trade and Environment Linkages: A Case Study of India, for UNCTAD, April, 1995.
- Chemical Mass Balance Model for Source Apportionment of Aerosols. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Vol.29,No.1, 75-88, 1994.
- Natural Resource Accounting: A Framework For India, For Ministry of Environment, Govt. Of India And UNDP , Nov., 1993.
- Publishing and Editing of a new international journal, “International Journal for Sustainable Innovations (IJSI),” with a responsibility of its Chief Editor and Managing Editor.
- Organizing an international biennial event “International Symposium for a Sustainable Future (ISSF),” with a responsibility of the Chairman of its organizing committee and Editor of its proceedings.
- Independently Teaching following courses to M.Phil./Ph.D. and M.Sc. students:
- “Tools for Sustainability Assessment”
- “Socio-economic issues in Energy and Environment”
- Jointly taught / teaching a course to M.Phil./Ph.D. and M.Sc. students: “Energy and Environment”