Recent work experience: Visiting Professor, Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University, from February to June in 2007 and in 2008; taught a course on “Indian Economic Development” for senior undergraduate and graduate students.
Teaching: (i) In the Masters’ programme at IGIDR: A one semester course on Indian Economy, since 2005, (ii) In IIM Calcutta: taught an optional course of 10 lectures on “Economics of Infrastructure: Growth and Policy Environment” in 2017 in the 2-year Post-Graduate Programme in Management.
Policy related work: (i) Member of a working group on the IIP, constituted by the CSO (Chairman: (late) Dr. Soumitra Chaudhuri) (ii) Member of the sub-committee on private corporate Sector, set up by advisory committee on National Accounts Statistics. (iii) Member, working group on savings for the 12th Plan formulation, constituted by the Planning commission, (iv) worked for the National Statistical Commission on examining the ways to improve the quality of India's industrial statistics.
- Make in India: Why didn't the Lion Roar?, The India Forum, April 13, 2-19 [LINK] [PDF]
- “Manufacturing Output Estimates in New GDP Series” (co-authored with Ravindra Dholakia and Manish Pandya), Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 53, No. 35, September 1, 2018. [PDF]
- Of “Missing Middle”, and Size-based Regulation: A New Frontier in the Labour Market Flexibility Debate, Centre for Sustainable Employment, Azam Premji University, working paper, April, 2018. [LINK] [PDF]
- "Rural Construction Employment Boom during 2000-12: Evidence from NSSO Surveys" (co-authored with Kanika Mahajan), Economic and Political Weekly, Review of Rural affairs, Vol. 52, No. 52, December 30, 2017. [PDF]
- "Reimagaining Development Banks: A Comment on RBI's Discussion Paper", Economic and Political Weekly, Volume 52, No. 37, September 16, 2017.[PDF]
- "Measuring India's GDP Growth: Unpacking the Analytics and Data Issues behind a Controversy that has Refused to Go Away" (co-authored with T N Srinivasan),India Policy Forum, 2016-17, Volume 13, Edited by Shekhar Shah, Barry Bosworth, and Karthik Muralidharan,Sage, for National Council for Applied Economic Research, New Delhi, 2017. [PDF]
- “Quarterly GDP Estimation: Can it pick up demonetisation Impact? Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 52, No. 10, March 11, 2017.[PDF]