Recent work experience: Visiting Professor, Woodrow Wilson School, Princeton University, from February to June in 2007 and in 2008; taught a course on “Indian Economic Development” for senior undergraduate and graduate students.
Teaching: (i) In the Masters’ programme at IGIDR: A one semester course on Indian Economy, since 2005, (ii) In IIM Calcutta: taught an optional course of 10 lectures on “Economics of Infrastructure: Growth and Policy Environment” in 2017 in the 2-year Post-Graduate Programme in Management.
Policy related work: (i) Member of a working group on the IIP, constituted by the CSO (Chairman: (late) Dr. Soumitra Chaudhuri) (ii) Member of the sub-committee on private corporate Sector, set up by advisory committee on National Accounts Statistics. (iii) Member, working group on savings for the 12th Plan formulation, constituted by the Planning commission, (iv) worked for the National Statistical Commission on examining the ways to improve the quality of India's industrial statistics.
- "Reimagaining Development Banks: A Comment on RBI's Discussion Paper", Economic and Political Weekly, Volume 52, No. 37, September 16, 2017.[PDF]
- "Measuring India's GDP Growth: Unpacking the Analytics and Data Issues behind a Controversy that has Refused to Go Away" (co-authored with T N Srinivasan),India Policy Forum, 2016-17, Volume 13, Edited by Shekhar Shah, Barry Bosworth, and Karthik Muralidharan,Sage, for National Council for Applied Economic Research, New Delhi, 2017. [PDF]
- “Quarterly GDP Estimation: Can it pick up demonetisation Impact? Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 52, No. 10, March 11, 2017.[PDF]
- ”Economic Reforms and Manufacturing Sector Growth: Need for Reconfiguring the Industrialisation Model”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 52, No. 2, 2017.[PDF]
- Political Economy of Contemporary India, edited by R Nagaraj and S Motiram, Cambridge University Press, New Delhi, 2017.[PDF]
- International Trade and Industrial Development in India: Emerging Patterns, Trends and Issues, edited by C Veeramani and R Nagaraj, Orient Blackswan, Hyderabad, 2016.[PDF]
- "Unorganised Sector in the New GDP Series: Why has it Shrunk?”, Economic and Political Weekly, Volume 51, No. 14, April 2, 2016.[PDF]