Ph.D. in Econometrics, Department of Econometrics, University of Madras. Major areas of research are Agricultural Economics, Environmental Economics, Applied Econometrics and CGE models. Awarded Ford Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellowship for the year 1990-91 for pursuing a study at UC Berkeley Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, USA and Visiting Fellowship in Environmental Economics by SANDEE ( South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics) for the year 2002 to visit PG Institute of Agriculture, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka. Have been associated with many research projects funded by national and international agencies including Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India on ‘Farm Management cost and production’; WRI, Washington on ‘Environmental Implications of Energy Use’; ACIAR Australia on ‘Agricultural Growth through globalization of Indian Agriculture’; Economic Research Service, US Department of Agriculture on ‘Supply Response of Indian Farmers’; ZEF, University of Bonn on ‘Drivers of Land Degradation’; European Commission on ‘Trade, Agricultural Policies and Structural Changes in India’s Agri-food System using GAMS’; and Bill Melinda Gates Foundation on ‘Agriculture-Nutrition Disconnect Pathways- Analysis using GAMS’ . Was a Member of Research Committee and Course curriculum Committee of World Bank/ MOEF Capacity Building in Environmental Economics.
- Topics in Applied Economics: Tools, Issues and Institutions , Festschrift in honour of U. Sankar , G. Mythili and R. Hema (eds.), Academic Foundation , 2005.
- Accelerating Growth through Globalisation of Indian Agriculture, K.P.Kalirajan, G. Mythili and U. Sankar, (eds.) Macmillan India Ltd. 2001.
- Uncertainty and Farm Production Decision (co authored with U.Sankar ) Himalaya Publishers, 1991.
- Farm Management Report on Increasing Groundnut Production (co authored with U.Sankar) Consolidated Report, 1981-84, Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, 1987.
- Sectoral Linkages, Multipliers and the Role of Agriculture ( co author) Chapter 7 in India Development Report, 2012-13 , (Ed) S. Mahendra Dev. pp 95-115, Oxford University Press.
- Examining Environmental Kuznets Curve for River Effluents in India ( co author) Environment, Development and Sustainability, Vol 13, issue 3,2011, Springer Publishers
- Willingness to pay for Water Quality Improvement: A Study of Powai Lake in India , ( co author) Asian Journal of Water, Environment and Pollution- Vol 8, No.1, Jan 2011, IOS Press, Netherlands.
- Valuation of Urban Environmental Amenities: A Case Study , (co author) International Journal of Ecological Economics and Statistics, Vol (19), No.F10, pp 20-31, Fall 2010, CESER publication.
- An Analysis of Community Dependence and Forest Management, (co author) International Journal of Ecology and Development, Vol 13, No S09, 2009
- New Estimates of Supply Response for major Indian Crops, in ‘Recent Development’ , India Briefing Room, Economic Research Service, USDA, (http://ers.usda.gov/Briefing/India/), January 2008.
- Supply Response for Major Crops in the Pre and Post Reform Periods: A Dynamic Panel data Approach’ Journal of Quantitative Economics, Vol 5, No.1, Jan 2007.
- Community Dependence on Protected Forest Areas: A Study on Valuation of Non Wood Forest Products in a Region of India (co author), Sri Lankan journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol 5, No.1, 2003.
- The Challenges of Globalisation for Indian Agriculture, in Essays in Development Issues (ed) Nimal Sandaratne and H.M. Gunatilake , published by Sri Lankan Agricultural Economics Association, 2002.
- Technical Efficiency of Rice Growers in Tamilnadu; A Study based on Panel Data (co author), Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol 55, No. 1, Jan-March 2000, pp15-25.
- Environmental Problems in India’s Energy Sector and Policies for Corrective Action (co author), in Public Finance Restructuring for Sustainable Development in Emerging Market Economies (ed). Bradley, T. , World Resource Institute, Washington, 1998
- Land Allocation under Uncertainty: An Econometric Analysis, Indian Economic Review, Vol.XXVII, No.1, 1992.
- ‘A Theoretical Exposition of Consumer's Response to Alternative Food Policies' ,Working Paper No.615, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California, Berkeley, 1991.
- Main Drivers of Land Degradation in Agriculture and Economic Costs of Land Degradation. Agriculture - Nutrition Pathway: Alternative Policy Scenario analysis in CGE model.
- Trade, Agricultural Policies and Structural Changes in India’s Agrifood System: Implications for National and Global Markets (TAPSIM)”, European Commission
- IGIDR: Mathematical Economics, Environmental Policy, CGE Modeling with GAMS.
- Madras School of Economics: Resource and Environmental Economics, Mathematical Economics, Statistics, Econometrics, Micro Economics.