The research agenda of the Institute is guided by policy concerns, by individual faculty members' research interests and by projects from national and international sponsors.The output of such research is disseminated as IGIDR publications in the form of discussion papers, project reports, books, monographs and reprints of journal articles.
The following are the broad areas of research at IGIDR.
- Economic Reforms and Macroeconomic Policies.
- Public Economics.
- International Trade and Exchange Rates.
- Industrial Organisation, Industrial Economics.
- Game Theory.
- Financial Sector, Banking.
- Agricultural Economics, Food Policy.
- Poverty, Safety Nets, PDS, Rural Development.
- Labour Economics.
- Economic History.
- Energy and Infrastructure.
- Environmental Studies, Climate Change Issues