|Dr Manisha Jain joined IGIDR in January 2018 as Visiting Assistant Professor. She completed her doctoral research in the Interdisciplinary Program in Climate Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay in 2017. Prior to joining the PhD program, she has worked in energy policy research and consulting. She holds M Tech in Energy systems engineering and B Tech in Electrical Engineering. In her doctoral dissertation, she has examined consumer response to energy efficiency policy in India and its implication for climate change mitigation. In the research and consulting assignments, she has looked at a variety of issues in the Indian energy sector.|
Jain, Manisha. "Drivers of change in India's energy-related carbon dioxide emissions during 1990-2017." (2020).
- Jain, Manisha, Anand B. Rao, and Anand Patwardhan. "Energy Cost Information and Consumer Decisions: Results from a Choice Experiment on Refrigerator Purchases in India." The Energy Journal 42.2.
- Appliance labeling and consumer heterogeneity: A discrete choice experiment in India with Dr Anand B. Rao and Dr Anand Patwardhan in Applied Energy, 226, pp.213-224, September 2018.
- Consumer preference for labels in the purchase decisions of air conditioners in India with Dr Anand B. Rao and Dr Anand Patwardhan in Energy for Sustainable Development, 42, pp.24-31, January 2018.
- Impact of Standards and labelling program on consumer discount rate - an experimental study in India with Dr Anand B. Rao and Dr Anand Patwardhan in Proceedings of Meeting the Energy Demands of Emerging Economies, 40th IAEE International Conference, Singapore, June 2017
- Employment Outcomes of Renewable Energy Technologies: Implications of Policies in India with Dr Anand Patwardhan in Economic and Political Weekly, XLVIII, 84-89, 2013
- Consumer preference in purchase and utilisation of energy intensive appliances with Dr Anand B.Rao and Dr Anand Patwardhan in Poster presentation at the Fourth International Conference on Advances in Energy Research, Mumbai, India, 2013
- Appliance efficiency and consumer choice – An empirical study of Indian consumers with Abhishek Sethi, Akshay Soni and Dr Anand B. Rao in Poster presentation at the Fourth International Symposium of McDonnell Academy Global Energy and Environment Partnership, Mumbai, India, 2012
- Jain, Manisha, Anand B. Rao, and Anand Patwardhan. "Appliance Standards and Incremental Price of Efficiency." Advances in Energy Research, Vol. 1. Springer, Singapore, 2020. 695-704.
- Jain, Manisha, Anand B. Rao, and Anand Patwardhan. "Energy Efficiency Policies in India: Implications for Climate Change Mitigation." Climate Change Signals and Response. Springer, Singapore, 2019. 289-303.
- Managing Power Demand – A case study of the residential sector in Delhi” with Vikas Gaba and Leena Srivastava in TERI press 2007
- Appliance standards and incremental price of efficiency in Springer Proceedings in Energy with Dr Anand B. Rao and Dr Anand Patwardhan, forthcoming
- Energy Efficiency Policies in India: Implications for Climate Change Mitigation in Springer book Climate Change Signals and Response: A Strategic Knowledge Compendium for India" edited by Chandra Venkataraman et al., forthcoming
- Development of Institutional framework for Demand Side Management (DSM), DSM Regulations and Cost-Benefit Analysis Guidelines, Forum of Regulators, 2009-11
- Development of Best Practices Guide for Design, Development, Implementation and Monitoring of Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standards, IEA DSM Implementing Agreement, 2009-11
- Delhi Energy Efficiency Program, A case-based study involving household survey and stakeholder interaction, Delhi Transmission Company Limited, Government of NCT of Delhi, 2007- 2008
- Energy Security Policy of India, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, British High Commission, India, 2005- 2007
- Supply of clean energy services to the urban and peri-urban poor, Global Network on Energy for Sustainable Development (GNESD), 2006-2007
- Competition Issues in India’s Energy Sector, The World Bank, DFID & Competition Commission of India, 2005-06
- Evaluation of franchise system in electricity distribution system in rural areas, Ministry of Power and Rural Electrification Corporation, India, 2005-07
- Climate change: Impacts and Response (Autumn semester 2020-21, Spring semester 2018-19,)
- Energy and Environment – I (Autumn semester 2019-20)