|Dr Manisha Jain joined IGIDR in January 2018 as Visiting Assistant Professor. She completed her doctoral research in the Interdisciplinary Program in Climate Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay in 2017. Prior to joining the PhD program, she has worked in energy policy research and consulting. She holds M Tech in Energy systems engineering and B Tech in Electrical Engineering. In her doctoral dissertation, she has examined consumer response to energy efficiency policy in India and its implication for climate change mitigation. In the research and consulting assignments, she has looked at a variety of issues in the Indian energy sector.|
- Jain, M., Rao, A.B. and Patwardhan, A. (2018). Consumer preference for labels in the purchase decisions of air conditioners in India. Energy for Sustainable Development, 42, pp.24-31.
- Jain M., Rao A.B. and Patwardhan A. (2017) ‘Impact of Standards and labelling program on consumer discount rate - an experimental study in India’, Paper presentation in 40th IAEE International Conference June 2017. Singapore.
- Jain, M. and Patwardhan, A. (2013) ‘Employment Outcomes of Renewable Energy Technologies: Implications of Policies in India’. Economic and Political Weekly, XLVIII, 84-89.
- Jain M., Rao A.B. and Patwardhan A. (2017) Appliance standards and incremental price of energy efficiency’, Poster presentation at the Sixth International Conference on Advances in Energy Research 2017, Mumbai, India
- Jain M., Rao A.B. and Patwardhan A. (2014) ‘Consumer preference in purchase and utilisation of energy-intensive appliances’, Poster presentation at the Fourth International Conference on Advances in Energy Research 2013, Mumbai, India
- Jain M., Sethi A, Soni A and Rao A.B.(2012) ‘Appliance efficiency and consumer choice – An empirical study of Indian consumers’, Poster presentation at the Fourth International Symposium of McDonnell Academy Global Energy and Environment Partnership, December 2012, Mumbai, India
- Jain Manisha, Gaba Vikas, Srivastava Leena “Managing Power Demand – A case study of the residential sector in Delhi”, TERI press 2007
- Development of Institutional framework for Demand Side Management (DSM), DSM Regulations and Cost-Benefit Analysis Guidelines, Forum of Regulators, 2009-11
- Development of Best Practices Guide for Design, Development, Implementation and Monitoring of Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standards, IEA DSM Implementing Agreement, 2009-11
- Delhi Energy Efficiency Program, A case-based study involving household survey and stakeholder interaction, Delhi Transmission Company Limited, Government of NCT of Delhi, 2007- 2008
- Energy Security Policy of India, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, British High Commission, India, 2005- 2007
- Supply of clean energy services to the urban and peri-urban poor, Global Network on Energy for Sustainable Development (GNESD), 2006-2007
- Competition Issues in India’s Energy Sector, The World Bank, DFID & Competition Commission of India, 2005-06
- Evaluation of franchise system in electricity distribution system in rural areas, Ministry of Power and Rural Electrification Corporation, India, 2005-07