Arrival by Domestic Flight
- a) By cab/auto-rickshaw through the Western Express Highway (refer to the map below). It takes about 30 minutes to reach the Institute.
- b) By train : Take a cab or auto-rickshaw to Vile Parle station which is 5 minutes away from the airport. From Vile Parle station, take a local train going towards Borivali, and alight at Goregaon (fast local trains do not halt at Goregaon). From Goregaon (East), i.e. from the east side of the railway station, take an auto-rickshaw to the Institute. This journey takes about 20 minutes (the campus is popularly known as Indira Vikas, Santosh Nagar). Alternatively, board the bus route number 343, and alight at Santosh Nagar. Then walk towards film city. The campus will fall on the left.
Arrival by International Flight
- From the Sahar International Airport, take a cab/auto through the Western Express Highway (refer to the map below). It will take about 25 minutes to reach the Institute.
Arrival by Train
- a) If Train halts at Dadar station: If you are on Central line then come to western line and board a train going towards Borivali and alight at Goregaon station.
- b) If train halts at Borivali station: Take a train going towards Churchgate and get down at Goregaon station. From Goregaon station, you can reach the Institute as per 1 (b) above.
- c) From LTTE (Kurla), one has to take a taxi or auto rickshaw to reach the institute. This journey takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
View Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research in a larger map