Ph D in Economics from (Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum) Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Development Economics, Industrial development, Economic Growth and Reforms.
Click here for personal homepage
- “India’s Economic Development”, in Atul Kohli and Prerna Singh edited, Routledge Handbook of Indian Politics, Routledge, London and New York, 2013.
- “Outward FDI from China and India: An Exploratory Note”, in Amiya Kumar Bagchi and Anthony P D’Costa edited, Transformation and Development: The Political Economy of Transition in India and China, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2012.
- Economic Growth, Inequality and Social Development in India – Is Inclusive Growth Possible?, edited by R Nagaraj for the United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD), Geneva, Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2012.
- “Industrial Growth”, in Kaushik Basu and Annemie Maertens edited The New Oxford Companion to Economics in India, Oxford University Press, 2012.
- “Industrial Performance, 1991-2008: A Review”, in India Development Report ,2011, edited by D M Nachane, Oxford University Press, Delhi, 2011.
- “Trends and Patterns in Industrial Growth in India, 1950-2010”, a paper for a volume edited on India’s Industrialisation edited by C P Chandrasekhar, for ICSSR’s survey of research in Economics in India, 2011.
I teach a course on “Indian Economic Development”, for M Sc students during the first semester of an academic year.
Click here to view Details