CALL FOR PAPERS
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Gen. A.K. Vaidya Marg, Goregaon (E), Mumbai – 400 065, India
The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) invites submissions of research papers in money and finance for its 19th Annual Conference on Macroeconomics and Finance on December 15, 16 and 17, 2021. The objective of the Conference is to bring together scholars, who are engaged in quality research in macroeconomics and finance, and to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas that seek to push the boundaries of existing research, particularly with respect to emerging economies like India.
Alfred Lerner Professor of Banking and Financial Institutions
Columbia Business School, USA
Professor of Economics and Pictet Chair in Finance and Development
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
Senior Fellow, Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs
Brown University, USA
Papers are invited on all theoretical and empirical aspects of macroeconomics and financial markets. Contributions on the following topics are particularly welcome.
- Financial sector stability
- Debt sustainability and sub-national finances.
- Monetary policy and crypto-currencies
- Macroeconomics of labour markets
- Big data and application of machine learning in macroeconomics and finance
Papers with a focus on the Covid-19 pandemic and fitting in any of the above themes will be especially welcome.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Complete, unpublished papers should be submitted online in Adobe PDF format after logging in at http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mfc19
- Papers should reach on or before September 30, 2021. All submissions will be reviewed and the authors of accepted papers will be informed by October 31, 2021.
- Authors of accepted papers may be requested to act as discussants for other papers.
- A few papers presented at the Conference can be considered for the Journal of Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market (www.informaworld.com/mfeme) or the Journal of Quantitative Economics (https://www.editorialmanager.com/jqec/) provided these meet the aims and objectives of the respective journals. These would be subjected to the regular, albeit faster review process.
Best Paper Award
The Subir Gokarn Best Paper Award will be presented to the author(s) of the best paper presented at the Conference. The best paper awardee(s) will be chosen based on the quality of the paper in terms of its innovativeness, the paper’s objectives, methodology, quality of analysis, clarity of text, completeness of the paper, contribution to the literature, and policy relevance. The award consists of a cash prize of INR One lakh and a citation.
Mode of the ConferenceIn view of the Covid 19 situation, the Conference will be held online in the evening hours (IST).
MFC Organising Committee
Jayati Sarkar (Convener)
Tel: 28416585 Fax: 28416399/28402752
For any queries, please contact the Conference Secretariat.