Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is a deemed to be university and an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view. FLAIR 4 Big Data is an initiative of IGIDR that seeks to Foster Learning, Analysis, Insights and Research on Big Data. The initiative is supported by a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
The twin objectives of the Summer School are:
1. to provide a basic understanding of artificial intelligence, machine learning and other techniques for analysing Big data
2. to provide hands-on training of the above techniques by analysing economic, financial and development related issues using a case-study framework
The Summer School will be conducted by leading experts with knowledge in theory, empirics as well as experience in real world applications.
The Summer School will be held at the Institute’s campus in Mumbai from July 2 – to July 6, 2019.
Participants are required to arrive by July 1 evening and be present during the entire duration of the Summer School.
Those who are interested to apply online:
A) A one page expression of Interest outlining the usefulness of the Summer School for their future work and career responsibilities as well their current exposure, experience and training in artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques
B) A one page CV which must mention their institutional affiliation.
Seats for the Summer School are limited. Preference will be given to early career researchers and faculty from academic institutions, think tanks and government organisations. Applicants need to register on the IGIDR website www.igidr.ac.in/bigdata following which they can upload their documents. The last date for submission of documents is June 14, 2019 and selected applicants will be informed by June 18, 2019.
The Summer School will provide free accommodation on twin sharing basis and full boarding. Participants are expected to finance their own travel. In exceptional circumstances 3rd AC train fare by the shortest route may be provided. Those who need travel support must indicate so in their application. For queries please send email to Flair4BD@igidr.ac.in
Instructions to fill up application form
Please read the instructions carefully before you start applying.
1. You need to keep logged in into your gmail account in order to apply.
2. Please fill the application carefully as only one application per person could be received.
3. Please make sure you have the
i) Expression of interest (EOI),
ii) Curriculum Vitae (CV) preferably in pdf format before you start the application.
4. Also note that you are requested to start application in New Incognito Window /Private browsing if you face difficulty while uploading EOI and CV.
5. Maximum file size for EOI,CV is limited to 1MB, please upload documents within that file-size range.
6. In case of technical problems please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Please note that last date of receiving application is June 14, 2019.
Application receiving will be closed on June 14, 2019 at 23:59:59, No application will be accepted afterwords.
Closed for 2019