Dr. Taniya Ghosh is a faculty member at the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research. She is a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Kansas. Her research interests are in the fields of macroeconomics, international economics, development economics and time series. Her current research focuses on topics in theoretical and applied macroeconomics with special interests in growth models, monetary policy, fiscal policy and vector auto-regression models.
- “Growth Decomposition of the Indian States Using Panel Data Techniques” with Kaustubh, 2023, Applied Economics, https://doi.org/10.1080/00036846.2023.2212974.
- “Money’s predictive role in the output: evidence from recent data for the US, UK, Euro and Poland” with M. H. Adil, 2022, Applied Economics, https://doi.org/10.1080/00036846.2022.2129568.
- “Dynamic interaction among macroeconomic fundamentals: Evidence from India using SVAR framework” with M. H. Adil, I. Nurudeen and N. Hatekar, 2022, Studies in Economics and Econometrics, https://doi.org/10.1080/03796205.2022.2077232.
- “Control of Chaos in New Keynesian Macroeconomics” with W. A. Barnett, G. Bella, P. Mattana, B. Venturi, 2022, Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, https://doi.org/10.1515/snde-2021-0106.
- "Is Money Demand Really Unstable? Evidence from Divisia Monetary Aggregates" with W. A. Barnett and M. H. Adil, 2022, Economic Analysis and Policy, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eap.2022.03.019.
- “Chaos in UK New Keynesian Macroeconomy” with W. A. Barnett, G. Bella, P. Mattana, B. Venturi, Economic Modelling, Volume 108, March 2022, 105767, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econmod.2022.105767.
- “Shilnikov Chaos, Low Interest Rates, and New Keynesian Macroeconomics” with W. A. Barnett, G. Bella, P. Mattana, B. Venturi, 2021, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jedc.2021.104291.
- “The Effectiveness of Macro-prudential Policies in the face of Global Uncertainty –the Role of Exchange Rate Regimes” with S. Kumar, 2021, Finance Research Letters, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.frl.2021.102358.
- “Nonlinear optimal control of coupled time-delayed models of economic growth” with G. Rigatos, P. Siano and M. Abbaszadeh, 2021, Decisions in Economics and Finance, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10203-021-00327-w.
- “Assessing India’s productivity trends and endogenous growth: New evidence from technology, human capital and foreign direct investment” with P. Parab, Economic Modelling, Volume 97, April 2021, Pages 182-195.
- “Analyzing the importance of Forward Orientation in Financial Development-Growth Nexus: Evidence from Big Data” with S. Sahu and P. Parab, 2021, Journal of Behavioral Finance, 22:3, 280-288, DOI: 10.1080/15427560.2020.1772795.
- “Determinants of Households’ Inflation Expectations for India- Evidence from Survey Data” with S. Chattopadhyay and S. Sahu, Bulletin of Economic Research, 2021; 73: 230– 251, https://doi.org/10.1111/boer.12244.
- “The Macroeconomics of Gender Equality”, with S. S. Ramanayake, International Journal of Finance and Economics, 2021; 26: 1955– 1977, https://doi.org/10.1002/ijfe.1888.
- “Taylor Rule Implementation of the Optimal Policy at the Zero Lower Bound: Does the Cost Channel Matter?” with S.Chattopadhyay, Economic Modelling, Volume 89, July 2020, Pages 351-366. ABDC Rank-A.
- “Testing the Friedman and Schwartz Hypothesis using Time Varying Correlation Analysis”, with P. Parab, Applied Economics Letters, September 2019, Volume 26, Issue 20, pp 1694-1699.
- “Money’s Causal Role in Exchange Rate: Do Divisia Monetary Aggregates Explain More?” with S. Bhadury, 2018, International Review of Economics and Finance, Volume 57, Pages 402-417.
- “A SVAR Approach to Evaluation of Monetary Policy in India,” with S. Bhadury and William A. Barnett, Open Economies Review, November 2016, Volume 27, Issue 5, pp 871–893.
- “Oil Prices, Exchange Rates and the Indian Macro Economy,” Economic and Political Weekly, October 2016, Volume 51, Issue No. 40.
- "Stability Analysis of Uzawa-Lucas Endogenous Growth Model," with William A. Barnett, Economic Theory Bulletin, April 2014, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp 33–44.
- "Bifurcation Analysis of an Endogenous Growth Model," with William A. Barnett, Journal of Economic Asymmetries, June 2013, Volume 10, no 1, pp. 53-64.
- “Synchronization of chaotic and hyperchaotic finance systems using nonlinear optimal control” with G. Rigatos, P. Siano, V. Loia, S. Ademi, 2016
- “The Sectoral Impact of Monetary Policy Transmission in India: A Panel VAR Approach”, 2016
- “Flatness-based control and Kalman Filtering for a continuous-time macroeconomic model” with G. Rigatos, P. Siano, K. Busawon and R. Binns, 2016
- “Post War Business Cycles in Models with Long- Run Monetary Neutrality” with J. Keating and I. Kanayama, 2016
- "Synchronization of chaotic and hyperchaotic finance systems using nonlinear optimal control” with G. Rigatos, P. Siano, V. Lois and S. Ademi, 2016
- "Nonlinear Optimal Control for the Grossman-Helpman Model: The Narrow Gap Case" with G. Rigatos and P. Siano
- "Nonlinear Optimal Control for the Grossman-Helpman Model: The Wide Gap Case" with G. Rigatos and P. Siano
- “Cost Channel, Interest Rate Pass-Through and Optimal Policy under Zero Lower Bound” with S. Chattopadhyay, 2016, IGIDR working paper
- “Determinants of Households’ Inflation Expectations for India- Evidence from Survey Data” with S. Chattopadhyay and S. Sahu, 2017, IGIDR working paper
- “Gender-gap and Economic Growth: A Panel VAR Analysis” with S. S. Ramanayake, 2018, IGIDR working paper
- “Role of Gender Gap in Economic Growth: Analysis on Developing Countries versus OECD Countries” with S. S. Ramanayake, 2017, IGIDR working paper
- "A nonlinear optimal control approach for industrial production under an oligopoly model" with G. Rigatos, P. Siano, K. Busawon and B. Xin, 2017
- “Nonlinear optimal control for the IS-LM business-cycles model under time-delays” with G. Rigatos, P. Siano, 2017
- Macroeconomics II, IGIDR
- Mathematics for Economists, IGIDR
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Macroeconomics for RBI Officers Training Program
CV available on request.