Prof. Satya R. Chakravarty
Honorary Visiting Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
Ph.D. in Quantitative Economics from ISI
Current Position: Non-Resident Honorary Distinguished Fellow, Indira Gandhi Institiute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai, India
Honorary Visiting Professor, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, India.
Retired on superannuation from the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India, as Professor (HAG) on 31 May 2019.
Degrees: Bachelor of Statistics (Hons.), (ISI, 1976), Master of Statistics (ISI, 1977), Ph.D.in Economics (ISI, 1981).
(a)Journals: Research papers have come out in some of the most prestigious and high-impact journals in Economics, including Econometrica, Journal of Economic Theory, International Economic Review, Journal of Development Economics, Social Choice and Welfare, Canadian Journal of Economics, Games and Economic Behavior, Economic Theory, Journal of Economic Inequality, Mathematical Social Sciences, Theory and Decision, Health Economics and Review of Income and Wealth.
(b)Books: Authored a number of books published by reputed publishers, including Cambridge University Press, John Wiley and Springer Nature, in frontline and varied areas encompassing Measurement of Inequality, Poverty and Polarization; Cooperative Game Theory; Industrial Organization; Mathematical Finance and Microeconomics. A volume of collected works has been published by Springer Nature.
Current Research Interests: Inequality, Poverty and Polarization and Cooperative Game Theory
Editorial Responsibilities: Serving on the Editorial Boards of Social Choice and Welfare; Journal of Economic Inequality and Review of Income and Wealth.
Services to International Organizations: Consultant, Asian Development Bank; Advisor, National Council of Social Policy Evaluation, Mexico; Associated in various capacities with World Bank, Washington DC; United Nations Environment Program, Geneva and United Nations Development Program, New York.
Awards, Honours and Achievements: (i) Mahalanobis Memorial Prize (Indian Econometric Society); (ii) A special session was organized in my honour at the Eighth International Conference of the Society for the Study of Economic Inequality (ECINEQ), held at the Paris School of Economics, France,3-5 July, 2019. (iii) Fellow, Human Development and Capability Association.
Other Relevant Information:
- Visiting Professor in well-known universities of North America, West Europe and Far East countries.
- Delivered invited talks in reputed international conferences.
- Supervised five Ph.D. dissertations.
- Graduate Teaching: Microeconomic Theory(I and II),Social Choice and Political Economy, Public Economics, Game Theory(I and II), Selected Topics in Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Methods in Economics, Theory of Finance(I and II), Industrial Organization, Applied Econometrics.
- Membership of Learned Organizations: (i) Econometric Society, (ii) European Economic Association, (iii) Human Development and Capability Association.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Mobile: 9433095466
Link to Personal Websites: https://www.isical.ac.in/~satya