(1) C Veeramani and R Nagaraj (Eds), International Trade and Industrial Development in India: Emerging Trends, Patterns and Issues, Orient Blackswan, New Delhi, 2016.
(B) Journal Articles
(2) “Intensive and Extensive Margins of Exports: What can India Learn from China” (with Lakshmi A and Prachi Gupta), The World Economy (Wiley).
(3) “Internationalization of Indian Enterprises: Patterns, Determinants and Policy Issues” (with Prema-Chandra Athukorala), Asian Economic Papers, (MIT Press), Vol 16 (1), 2017.
(4) “Trade Liberalization and Women’s Employment Intensity: Analysis of India’s Manufacturing Industries" (with Purna Banerjee), Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 52, Issue No. 35, 02, Sep, 2017.
(5) “Network Trade and Development: What do the patterns of vertically specialized trade in ASEAN tell us about India’s place in Asian production networks” (with Meenu Tewari), Global Economy Journal, (De Gruyter and Berkeley Electronic Press), Vol 16(2), 2016.
(6) “Manufactured Exports and Intermediate Imports by Indian States: Analysis Based on ASI Plant Level Data” (with Dennis Rajakumar and Purna Banerjee), Journal of Income and Wealth, Journal of Indian Association for Research in National Income and Wealth, Vol 38, No 2, July-December 2016.
(7) “World’s Knowledge Spillovers: Beyond Openness and Growth”, Journal of Economic Integration, June; 29(2), 2014: 298-328.
(8) “Anatomy of India’s Merchandise Export Growth, 1993-94 to 2010-11”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol XLVII (1), 2012, pp 94-104.
(9) Impact of ASEAN-India Preferential Trade Agreement on Plantation Commodities: A Simulation Analysis” (with Gordhan Kumar Saini), Economic and Political Weekly, Vol XLVI, March 5, 2011 (Refereed Special Article), pp 83-92
(10) “Trade Barriers, Multinational Involvement and Intra-Industry Trade: Panel Data Evidence from India”, Applied Economics, (Routledge), Vol 41, 20, 2009: 2541-2553
(11) “Impact of Exchange Rate Appreciation on India’s Exports”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XLIII, No. 2, May 31-June 6, 2008, pp 10-14.
(12) “Sources of India’s Export Growth in Pre-and-Post Reform Periods”, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol XLII, No 25, June 23-29, 2007, pp 2419-2427
(13) “Industry-Specific Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade in India” Indian Economic Review, Vol XXXXII, No. 2, July-December, 2007, pp 211-229.
(14) “Manufacturing Productivity in Indian States: Does Investment Climate Matter?” (with B N Goldar) Economic and Political Weekly, Vol 40, No 24, June 11, 2005, pp 2413-2420.
(15) “Growing Intra-Industry Trade in Manufacturing: Implications for Policy” Economic and Political Weekly, October 9, pp 4556-4559, 2004.
(16) “Intra-Industry Trade of India: Trends and Country-Specific Factors”, Review of World Economics/ Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv (Springer-Verlag), Vol.138, No. 3. Kiel Institute of World Economics, pp, 509-533.
(17) “Intra-Industry Trade under Economic Liberalization: The Case of Indian Capital Goods Industries”, Journal of Indian School of Political Economy, Vol. 11, No. 3, July, 1999.
(C) Articles in Edited Volumes
(18) “Indian Manufacturing in Asian Production Networks: Patterns and Prospects of Deeper Regional Integration” (with Meenu Tewari and Manjeeta Singh) in Jayant Menon and Srinivasan T.N (eds), Integrating South and East Asia, Oxford University Press, 2017
(19) “Make What in India?” (with Garima Dhir) in S Mahendra Dev (ed), India Development Report 2017, Oxford University Press.
(20) “India’s export of unskilled labor-intensive products: a comparative analysis” (with Garima Dhir) in C. Veeramani and R Nagaraj (ed) International Trade and Industrial Development in India: Emerging Trends, Patterns and Issues, 2016, Orient Blackswan.
(21) “Emerging Issues in India’s Trade and Industrial Sectors: An Introductory Overview”, in C. Veeramani and R Nagaraj (ed) International Trade and Industrial Development in India: Emerging Trends, Patterns and Issues, 2016, Orient Blackswan.
(22) “India’s Agricultural Exports: Sources of Growth and Relative Sophistication” (with Gordhan Kumar Saini) in Bandi Kamaiah, S V Seshaiah and GRK Murty (eds.) Select Issues in Macroeconomics: A Quantitative Approach, Festschrift in honor of Professor Dilip Nachane, IUP Publications, ICFAI, Hyderabad, 2014
(23) “The ‘Miracle’ Still Waiting to Happen: Performance of India’s Manufactured Exports in Comparison to China, in S.Mahendra Dev (ed.) India Development Report 2012-13, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, pp 132 – 150.
(24) “India’s Export Sophistication in a Comparative Perspective” (with Gordhan Kumar Saini), in D M Nachane (ed.) India Development Report 2011, Oxford University Press, New Delhi.
(25) “Specialization Patterns under Trade Liberalization: Evidence from India and China”, in Natalia Dinello and Wang Shaoguang (ed.) China, India and Beyond: Development Drivers and Limitations, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, 2009.
(26) “India and China: Changing Patterns of Comparative Advantage?”, in R Radhakrishna (ed.) India Development Report 2008, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2008.
(27) “Impact of Tariff Reforms on Indian Industry: Assessment based on a Multi-sector Econometric Model” with Arvind Virmani, B N Goldar and V Bhat), in Arvind Virmani, Propelling India from Socialist Stagnation to Global Power (Volume 2, Chapter 7), Academic Foundation, New Delhi, 2006. (
(28) “India's External Sector after Economic Liberalization” (with K J Joseph), in Kesavan, K V (ed.), Economic Liberalization in India: Japanese and Indian Perspectives, ICSSR and Manak Publications, New Delhi, 2001.
- “From Import Substitution to Integration into Global Production Networks: The Case of Indian Automobile Industry” (with Prema-Chandra Athukorala)
- “Reaping Gains from Global Production Sharing: Domestic Value Addition and Job Creation by Indian Exports” (with Garima Dhir)
- Trade, Productivity and Markups: Analysis of India’s manufacturing Plants (with Prachi Gupta)
- Job Dynamics, Exchange Rates, and Trade Openness: A Study of Gender Differences in Indian Manufacturing (with Purna Banerjee)
- Growth Gains from Trade (with Sugata Marjit)
- Exchange Rates, Margins of Trade and Pass-through: An Empirical Analysis for India (with Lakshmi A)
- Vertical specialization and fragmentation trade (with Garima Dhir)
- Trade in Calories, Protein and Fat (with S Chandrasekhar)
- Applied International Trade